Neurospinal Correction and Ear Infections: How to help your little one WITHOUT drugs or surgery
Most of us know a child that suffers from CHRONIC ear infections. Whether it is your child, your neighbor's or a friend's, we all know how frustrating it can be. People try to keep their little boy or girl off of drugs, but with every episode another antibiotic prescription is written up. If that doesn't work, we are quick to put in tubes. Have you ever stopped to think...
1. Why does this keep happening?
2. Do antibiotics actually help heal the body or do they just cover up the symptoms? What about tubes?
3. What natural things can I do to help them?
What you may not know is that a child's eustachian tube (a part of the ear system that connects the inner ear to the throat) is at a different angle than that of yours and mine. This actually increases the risk of bacteria staying put and causing infections if it doesn't drain correctly. Another thing most people don't realize, is that slight misalignments in a child's neck can cause inflammation and interference in your child's nervous system, which directly affects the function of their eustachian tubes. With this nerve interference and inflammation present, the inner ear just can't function the way it was designed, and as a result, it gets infected. This is why many times antibiotics fail... they aren't addressing the REAL cause of the problem. So what can we do to help their tubes function normally?
NEURO SPINAL CORRECTION CHIROPRACTIC CARE!
Chiropractors work with the master system of the body, the nervous system. The nervous system controls every function in your body, it tells your heart to beat, lungs to breath, food to digest plus a million other functions. The nervous system is sometimes referred to as the "communication highway". However, if there is tension in the spinal cord itself or a misalignment of the spine there can be interference in this critical transmission , similar to a car crash on the expressway. This area of nerve interference is called Neuro Spinal Tension, which limits the body's ability to self-regulate and self-heal, as we see in those kids suffering from chronic ear infections. At Mother Me Chiropractic, we focus on Neuro Spinal Correction which is a gentle, intricate and more detailed approach to correcting the underlying Neuro Spinal Tension and misalignments of the spine. We trust in the innate ability in both the young (and the young at heart!) to heal,thrive and find true health once again.
Check out the following articles posted by the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association, showing how chiropractic care can help pediatric patients struggling with chronic ear infections.
1. Vallone S and Fallon JM Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics Vol 2, No.1 1997. P. 113-115 "Treatment Protocols for the Chiropractic Care of Common Pediatric Conditions: Otitis Media and Asthma"
2. Phillips, NJ. Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation. Jul 1992, Vol: 8(2), pp.38-9 "Vertebral Subluxation and Otitis Media: A Case Study"
3. Fallon, JM. Journal of Clinical Chiropractic Pediatrics Vol 2, No. 2 1997 p.167-183. "The Role of the Chiropractic Adjustment in the Care and Treatment of 332 Children with Otitis Media"